Friday, June 27, 2008

Ingredient Challenge



Family and friends,

"What should I make for dinner?"

Faced with that daily looming question, I've created a brand new website that I'd like to share with you:

http://www.ingredientchallenge.com

This site has been inspired by so many things: my passion for food, that daily looming question, "What should I make for dinner?" and specific memories that I have of food. It's also been inspired by a good friend of mine, named Neil. During my 2 year stint as a teacher in NYC, I rode the train to work most every day with a coworker/teacher friend of mine, Neil. Neil belonged and still does, to a CSA (community supported agriculture) group. He told me that sometimes he would get a new vegetable/fruit that he didn't quite know what to do with. And that he enjoyed the challenge of cooking with something new.

I want to challenge people to step outside of their standard cuisine, and try something new. Every week there will be a new ingredient. Make a dish using the ingredient. Then take a picture, and post both the picture and the recipe. Just by contributing, you could win one of the weekly giveaways. Taste the Challenge!

best,

Monica Gibson

6 comments:

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Hooray! I am so excited! Good work guys. The site looks great and we are excited for you.

GSGC StrongFamily said...

Monica, the site looks awesome! It is AMAZING as can only be expected from JONICA. Way to go! That must have been a crazy roomate in college using all those limes, sheesh!

BY THE WAY- CONGRATS on your new house! Let me know if one of the houses next door goes on the market, and I'll tell Gary to start looking for a job there. hee hee. Sounds like you are doing well. I will do a little advertising for your site....
big HUGS!
Sabrina

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that everything is up and running. It is fantastic! Way to go on the programming Jon!
I'm still trying to pick an awesome recipe to post!

Alexa said...

Yay, yay, yay! I was just thinking about you this last week and wondering when we might hook up on the blogosphere! I'm so glad you stopped by to say hi! :)

I think Pratt looks so much like you, Monica! Big, beautiful eyes, same cute nose and mouth! What a handsome boy. :) Anyway, I also love all the videos -- so fun to watch with all the editing/music!

Thanks also for letting me know about your new food website. I'm already subscribed and will be looking forward to the recipe exchange. Great idea!

The Waisath's said...

Monica, Check out my friend Melissa's Blog....
http://schroederfamilyil.blogspot.com/
She posted your website on her blog!!

The Rambler said...

Ditto, ditto, it's awesome just like everyone else said.
Now that I know your food love it's time to tell you that the best pizzeria in the country as voted by gourmet magazine is in Phoenix. So next time you're here, hit Pizzeria Bianco, http://www.pizzeriabianco.com/ Be prepared to wait in line, and don't go early because they close whenever they sell out of the fresh dough they make up daily.